Registration & Tuition
- Tuition is charged on a monthly basis, based on equal billing payments by post dated cheques or pre-authorized credit card.
- Curriculum fees, which varies based on class level, is due at time of registration and is non-refundable. This fee includes a performance costume, digital class photo and may include an exam fee, if applicable.
- A registration fee per student is due at time of enrolment. This fee is non-refundable.
- Applicable taxes will be charged to all school fees & products for all programs.
- A $35 service charge will be applied to NSF and returned cheques.
- Late payments are subject to a 2% per month penalty fee.
*All curriculum fees and paid tuitions are non-refundable. In the case of early withdrawal no costumes will be released to the family/students.
- A written withdrawal notice must be received by the school administration 14 days prior to the next billing date, otherwise tuition will be forfeited. Any remaining post-dated payments will be cancelled.
- Once payment has been made for a program, including any tuition payments made in full, that tuition is forfeited. Any post-dated payments will be cancelled.
- All curriculum fees and paid tuitions are non-refundable. In the case of early withdrawal no costumes will be released to the family/students.
- Classes run from September to June. There are also short or ensemble programs available throughout the year.
- Students who are not on the teacher’s class list will not be able to participate.
- There will be no make-up classes. An exception may be made if cancellation is made by Prima Ballet School.
- New students may observe a class but may only participate if they are registered in advance. This can be done by calling the office. One drop-in class is free of charge.
- All classes require a dance uniform or dress code which differs depending on the class and level. Please see our Uniform & Dress Code page for more specific details.
- Teachers are permitted to deny class participation if a student does not abide by the dress code regulations.
Ballet students may be eligible for an examination or evaluation, pending on their level and/or grade. This is typically scheduled between the months of February – March.
Ballet exam entries are at the discretion of the instructor.
Other General Guidelines & Permissions
Street shoes must be removed at the entrance and placed neatly by the wall or designated rack.
Street shoes are not permitted in the dance studio or lobby area at any time.
No gum chewing in the dance studios or lobby.
All jewellery and valuables are to be left at home. Prima Ballet School is not responsible for theft or loss of personal items. Please keep ALL valuables at home.
Parents may wait in the designated office/lobby area only.
Students and parents in the lobby area are asked to keep quiet while classes are in progress.
We ask that parents teach their children to be respectful of the premises while in the building at Prima Ballet School or any other facility that is used for instruction or performances.
Younger students must have a designated adult chaperone before and after classes. No student is to be left at the studio without an adult chaperone.
Food and drinks are not permitted in our dance studio at any time. Bottled WATER ONLY.
All students are to arrive at the studio 10 minutes prior to their specified class time. Students who are more than 10 minutes late may be denied participation in class at the discretion of the instructor. They will be able to observe only.
Any photos taken of the students may be used by Prima Ballet School for promotional purposes.
No cameras or cell phones are permitted in the dance studio during “open house weeks”.
These rules and regulations are in place to keep our ballet school running efficiently throughout the year. Thank you for your cooperation.
We accept Cheque or Visa/MasterCard for tuition payments.
Priority Registration: Priority registration is available May 1-31 annually and open to re-enrolling families only.
Full Year Payment: this option allows the full year’s tuition to be paid in one single payment. In this case the full year’s tuition is due at the time of registration. A 5% discount is offered to all families who choose to pay in full by September 1st of each new season.
Monthly Equal Billing Payments: this option allows equal billing over 10 months (Sept-June) through our online pre-authorized credit card program or post-dated cheques.